Another round of destructive testing began today after we implemented the fixes to our questions in the new versions, and (as is typical of coding) it seemed that we found even more issues with the questions than the previous versions, prompting a mad panic to fix the new bugs from all the teams.
Issues found included problems with using the equation editor as in some cases correct answers were not accepted using this mode. This, and a few other problems, were discussed between the teams in order to get an idea for what needed to be given to the team at Maplesoft for feedback.
After finding and trying to fix some of the issues on our end, we also looked over the new set of questions we needed to write for the School of Mathematics as well as further questions for Physics – mainly assignments for Quantum Mechanics modules.
Most importantly, a consensus was finally reached on the name of the infamous Theory Ghost – an incredibly democratic poll decreed that the ghost was to be called (drum roll please)… Mortimer.
Next week we will be preparing and giving a presentation to our supervisors on the progress we have made so far and we shall also have tutorial from Jon on using Maths Apps.
Also, Friday was our last day in absence of juggling master Greg – whose return we awaited in eager anticipation.